Aubergine Designs is committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors in accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulation update in 2018. This Privacy & Cookies Policy describes how your personal information is collected, used, and shared when you visit and/or make a purchase from www.aubergine-designs.co.uk
We may change and update this policy to ensure transparency and compliance in order to inform you of all your rights relating to your personal data.
What information do we collect and why?
When you visit the site, to ensure your experience is as effective as possible, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
This information forms an important part of the operation of our site and enables us to develop and improve as we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the site, and information about how you interact with the site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect this type of Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- For more information on enabling, managing or blocking cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the site, we collect certain information you have entered, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information and contact details.
This information allows us to get your order out to you, let you know when it is coming and prevent fraud. If you clicked the tick box to subscribe to our newsletters when checking out, you will be included in our newsletter campaigns and receive occasional emails including information on new products, collections and special offers.
You can stop these emails at any time by:
- Contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By clicking ‘unsubscribe’ in any of the marketing messages you receive, this can typically be found at the bottom of each email.
Please allow up to 3 days for this to take effect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive when you visit certain websites. We use a number of different cookies, including strictly necessary, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another.
Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Declining may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The four main types of cookies we use are:
- Site functionality Cookie
- Website Analytic Cookie
- Personalisation Cookie
- Segmentation and Targeting Cookie
Some cookies are necessary to allow you to browse our website, use its features, and access secure areas. The use of these cookies is essential for the website to work.
Functional cookies remember choices you’ve made or information you’ve provided, such as your username, language, or the region you are in. This allows us to tailor your website experience specifically to your preferences. The functional cookies we use include:
- User-centric security cookies to detect authentication abuses for a limited persistent duration, like repeated failed login attempts. These cookies are set for the specific task of increasing the security of the service.
- Multimedia content player session cookies (flash cookies) are used for the duration of a session to store technical data needed to play back video or audio content (e.g. image quality, network link speed, and buffering parameters).
- Load balancing session cookies are used for the duration of the session to identify the same server in the pool in order for the load balancer to redirect user requests appropriately.
- User interface customisation persistent cookies are used to store a user’s preference regarding a service across web pages.
Reporting and analytics cookies are used to collect information about how you use our website and how often. We are dedicated to user experience and use this to help us improve and develop our website. These cookies only gather information for statistical purposes and only use pseudonymous cookie identifiers that do not directly identify you. The performance cookies we use include:
- First party analytics cookies - We use these cookies to estimate the number of unique visitors, to improve our websites and our merchants’ websites, and to detect the most searched for words in search engines that lead to a webpage. These cookies are not used to target you with online marketing. We use these cookies to learn how our website is performing and make relevant improvements to improve browsing experience.
- Third party analytics cookies - We also use Google Analytics and Compass to help measure how users interact with our website content. These cookies “remember” what our users have done on previous pages and how they’ve interacted with the website. For more information on Google Analytics, visit Google’s information page. For instructions on how opt out of Google Analytics, see below.
Social and Content cookies are placed by many social media plugins (for example the Facebook 'like’ button), and other tools meant to provide or improve the content on a website (for example services that allow the playing of video files, or that create comments sections). We integrate these modules into our platform to improve the experience of browsing and interacting with our websites. Please note that some of these third party services place cookies that are also used for things like behavioural advertising, analytics, and/or market research.
If you have accepted our cookies, one of the tools we use to keep you as up to date as possible with new products, new collections and special offers is targeted adverts. You will see these adverts on other websites (and sometimes on apps) across the internet.
They will include products and promotions that we think you will be interested in. This is based on information we hold about you; what you have previously viewed or clicked on and/or purchased from us previously. We obtain this information via web beacons, pixels, tags, cookies or by services that are offered by websites and social media networks.
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
All payment are made using PayPal and we do not store or transit any payment information. Check PayPal for their terms.
If you interact with us on social media, you are consenting and allowing us to interact with you. An interaction can be defined as liking or following our social media accounts, commenting or tagging us in photos or posts and sharing our content via liking or retweeting.
From this interaction, we may collect data that will help enhance your experience with us in the future. If you tag us in a photograph that we love, you may be lucky enough for us to share it across our SM accounts. By interacting with us, you are consenting that we can use images or comments royalty free without limitation.
If you are unhappy with us sharing your comments or images, please do let us know and we will stop.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption.
Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
We hold your information until you no longer hold an account with us or until you specify that you no longer want us to hear from us.
Age of consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
We do not knowingly collect the data of anyone under the age of consent on our website.
Changes to this pricay policy
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Questions & contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org